Saturday, April 20, 2013

Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers located at 1924 Pennsylvania Avenue in Foggy Bottom.

I went here on Friday for breakfast with my partner in crime Courtney. She had given me the recommendation. We got there around 10 and it was decently crowded for a weekday. 

When you first walk in you are immediately impressed with the decor and vibe. Two levels, big bar on the first floor (Courtney told me at night they have fantastic mixologists). We ate on the second floor which was light and a little quieter. As soon as we got upstairs we could smell the homemade beignets cooking. It smelled divine. The host was very friendly (let me bring my Starbucks in) as was the rest of the staff.

We ordered bellinis to start. Let me tell you they tasted like fresh picked peaches. I would go back just to have another, not too many though, they were $12 each. This started our meal off very well.

We decided to split two meals: the crab cake eggs benedict and the sun dried tomato and artichoke cast iron skillet eggs with a side of hash browns and fresh fruit.

The eggs benedict were recommended by our awesome waitress. Courtney and I both love crab cake benedicts so these had a lot to live up to. And they did! They were fantastic. And HUGE! Made on homemade english muffins they were melt in your mouth delicious. Lots of crab, not a lot of filling. I would order them again in a heartbeat.

The hashbrowns were also incredible. Exactly what you want from hash browns, homey, a heavy, delicious. The fresh fruit was just that, very fresh and did not disappoint. 

The cast iron skillet eggs were not our favorite. The presentation was amazing but they did not have enough flavor. Courtney and I decided we should have probably just split the crab cake benedicts. 

Overall Founding Farmers was fantastic, great staff, great food, great drinks. I will definitely be going back.

http://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/washington-dc/ 





Delicious Bellinis!



Some of the best crab cake benedicts I have ever had.


Our least favorite but the ciabatta was homemade and tasty.




No comments:

Post a Comment